First you need a domain name (www.whatever.com). So you know: The domain name is like your mailbox, and it is only an address; the server that we have is like your house, and it stores all of your furniture or in this case your pictures, mp3s, html, etc…
Figure out what you want, then head over to www.webskinz.biz and see if it’s available. You write in the box in the middle of the site what you want then click “go”, and it will tell you if it’s available or not, if it is available then you can buy it, or we can do it for you. It’s up to you. Most of our clients buy their own domain name (they feel safer doing it themselves, they’re only $10). IF you do buy it, forward us all the emails they send you so we can get your username and password to direct your domain name to our server (that’s the hard part).
With the domain name info we’ll be able to put up a temporary static page with your logo and the coming soon info.
Next, what do you want your site to look like? Surf the internet and see what you like. When you’re done, send me the links to those sites that you want your site style to look like.
If your a Business, send me pictures of your business and staff, so I can make a mock up, and show you what it would look like. if you don’t have any pics, get a digital camera and do a lot of pics and send them to me.
If you're in a band, send me promo shots so I can make a mock up, and show you what it would look like. if you don’t have any pics, get a digital camera and do a lot of pics, individual and group shots, I find that the shots with all of the members of the band close together the best to work with.
When the site is done we can update your site for you, or we make the site so you can update it yourself.
What we include in a normal WebSite package: -mock up (to show you what it could look like)
- Monthly payment plan - multiple e-mail accounts (we also have a service that kills spam for $25 a year)
- completion of site/uploaded
- buying your domain name for you (unless you already have it)
- putting you on our server for FREE for one year (UNLESS you have a website that thousands of people will be going to everyday, if that's the case we'll be putting you on a special server).
- webstats (watch who comes to your site, when and for how long)
- inserting Meta Tags in the website for Search Engines
- Burning a CD with all files and sending it to you for future use. *We also do Flash, but that's always extra (Webskinz does not endorse Flash sites, because there is no text for Search Engines to read. BUT we do endorse a few flashy parts inside the site to make it look slick).
In the web site business I like to say “You get what you pay for!”
How much does a website cost AND how long will it take?
It’s a hard question to answer because ALL of our clients are different. Usually it should only take anywhere from 1-3 months to get a website done and up and running. We’ve been able to put up a site within 3 weeks with all the proper pieces in place (logo, design, content readily available), then we’ve had some website take more than a year, because the site was so huge (database, content, number of pages).
We run our sites from scratch anywhere from $500+ depending on what you need. The higher priced websites are usually due to programming database work. We also do 'Interest FREE Monthly Payments' if money is a problem. We will work with you.
We are a very dependable business that our clients can rely on. Check our testimonials page and read for yourself what our clients say about us.
In order for us to give you a rough estimate on a website we would need to KNOW what needs to be done for your website (do you need a logo? How many pages do you need? Do you need a forms or just an email link? Etc...).